You can certainly do for yourself what the Identity Theft Protection Services will do for you, but the question you must ask yourself is, “Will You?” I am not one who has the time to keep up with my identity protection, so I choose to hire a service to monitor it for me. It is much easier for me to monitor the summary findings of the service and respond to their alerts than to actually monitor everything they monitor.
Computer Virus, Trojan and Malware Protection
- Name: IdentityForce
- Best Choice: The top three choices for identity theft protection in my opinion are IdentityForce, IdentityGuard and LifeLock. After reviewing these three, I have chosen IdentityTheft as my top pick. It scores out the highest in the security services it offers, monitoring everything except driver’s license numbers. It offers a computer security suite, and under the UltraSecure + Credit they will review your credit reports and scores four (4) times per year. LifeLock Ultimate will review it only 1 time per year.
- Price: Try IdentityForce FREE for 2 weeks; UltraSecure ($14.95 per month per adult individual if purchased through this link); UltraSecure + Credit ($19.95 per month per adult individual if purchased through this link); and $2.75 per month per minor child under the family plan.
- You Can Trust Them: IdentityForce has been around for 35 years. They not only offer services to the average consumer, they also service many corporations and agencies of the United States government. They have held a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) contract since 1995 and have done business with the FBI, FAA, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Transportation Security Administration and the U.S. Army. They also are an accredited business of the Better Business Bureau and a winner of the Parent Tested Parent Approved Award for their Child Watch program. This is clearly a service run by experienced professionals in the identity protection industry. You can certainly trust them.
- Identity Theft Monitoring Provided: IdentityForce offers the most services of any of the top three by monitoring your identity and fraud in your name, and your bank accounts, credit cards, social security number, public records, sex offender registries, as well as giving you an identity health score.
- Identity Theft Alerts and Protection: IdentityForce offers Anti-Keylogging software, daily alerts, a delete now feature, identity theft alerts, fraud alert reminders, a way to opt out of junk mail, and medical identity fraud protection.
- Customer Service: IdentityForce provides a $1 million identity theft policy, an identity theft resource center, online financial tools such as a computer security suite, lost wallet assistance, and an experienced identity theft restoration team. They have an excellent customer service team who will respond quickly to phone calls, emails, and online chat.
My Final Assessment: I was so impressed with what is offered by IdentityForce that this is the service that I personally use.